Can you guys even believe it's summer?! It's totally crazy and I feel like the time is flying by. Adam and I planned a holiday at the end of the month to the US to visit family and attend a friends wedding and it's going to be here in about 10 DAYS! GAHHH! You know what that means, I need to get it together on the packing front!
As I was going on holiday, I wanted an easy and fun read for the month. I LOVE a good true crime, who done it, fast-paced summer read. I decided I would go to my reliable friend Reese Witherspoon to help me pick the book this month (she never lets me down!). I've picked Something In The Water by Catherine Steadman. You can snag a copy of the book right here.
It is the first novel (again!) for Catherine Steadman. The story follows the relationship of Erin, a documentary maker, and her fiance Mark. Very quickly Mark loses his high profile banking job and things very slowly start to unravel as they realize the financial repercussions for their wedding and life plans. They decide to go forward with the wedding and honeymoon as planned. It is while suba diving in Bora Bora after the wedding that they find something in the water leading Erin and Mark down an unknown path and revealing cracks in their own relationship.
I don't want to give away too much! Let's just say the book opens with a bang! It kept me hooked the whole time and I was pleasantly surprised by the writing. Sometimes a summer quick read can be a bit meh! I couldn't put the book down and it kept me guessing the whole time! If you're hooked you can grab a copy of the book right here!
Um, no I did NOT forget the monthly drink! As I always say, never read your summer book without a margarita! One of my absolute favorite recipes is for pitcher margaritas. If you're going to go through the effort to squeeze all those damn limes you better make a whole pitcher, am I right? Here's my go-to recipe!
- 1 750ml bottle of silver tequila
- 2 cups of triple sec
- 1½ - 2 cups of lime juice (about 15-20 limes)
- extra lime juice and salt for rimming the glass
- 1 cup of simple syrup or 1 cup of sweetened lime juice
- Mix all of the ingredients in a large pitcher. Be sure to prep this at least an hour before serving so that it can get cold in the refrigerator. Be sure to cover the top so the drinks don't get a "fridge taste." Pour over ice in a cocktail glass.
- If adding sugar or sweetened lime juice, add to taste.
- This makes about 8 glasses and they are strong!!!
If you guys are joining me this month or have read the book, let me know! As always, I am always looking for book recommendations and advice! So send me a message down below.
Save Me For Later! Pin Me!