I came up with this idea a couple weeks ago and then became totally obsessed making these critters! So drumroll please.....! Today we're launching forest animal gift wrap to go along with our tree! It's such a cute alternative option for small and large gifts under the tree this year.
These woodland creatures are SUPER fun to make and probably easier than trying to tie a thousand bows! We picked some of our favorite forest critters to make and we'll be teaching you how to make a couple of them today including the fox, deer, and owl! Let's begin!
- Wrapping paper colors: orange, gray, purple
- Thick cardstock in white, pink, range of purples, black and yellow
- Glue stick or hot glue
- Gift wrap tape
- Pom poms
- Wrap each present with the wrapping paper. One gray, one purple and one orange for each animal.
- We've created templates for you to use below to create the noses, tails, eyes and more for each animal you are going to create. You can trace these onto the cardstock or you can also just use these shapes as a reference and cut out the different forms free hand.
- We'll start with the fox! Cut out the ears, nose, eyes, and foxtail using the orange, yellow, white and black cardstock. Using the glue gun or hot glue, adhere each piece to the orange box to create the face, ear, and tail section. You can use the step by step guide below for attaching each piece!
- Continue onto the raccoon and owl presents gluing and attaching each tail, eye, etc to the presents in order!
- Pile your critters under the tree!